Childbirth Education Certification
Are you interested in becoming a Certified Childbirth Educator? You've come to the right place! Here's was makes Informed Beginnings unique:
1. We are committed to the normal process of labor but recognize that not every labor is in the presence of normality. A successful birth is one in which the couple makes good, informed decisions based on the labor they are given. To that end we provide comprehensive information about pregnancy, labor/delivery, postpartum, and other aspects of the childbearing year on a risk/benefit basis.
2. In an effort to conserve resources we will be as paperless as possible. This will extend to downloaded information and forms as well as submitted information.
3. We look at our market (current birthing couples) and prepare for them and help our educators adapt. To that end, "paperless and electronic" is comfortable, and a selling point, for many of our clients. We will prepare an electronic workbook for reference and pictures and articles. Printed copy will also be available. We recognize that educators have a variety of electronic options in their teaching spaces and will work together to provide a variety of teaching options.
4. We do not make our educators come up with their own curriculum; we help them have a good, comprehensive curriculum. However, we then provide a variety of ways to present that curriculum. We have unity in content, and variety available in presentation.
5. We not only train our educators in content, but also in teaching techniques and in running their own businesses. We can offer advanced levels of teaching and business/marketing trainings. We provide ways for an Informed Beginnings member to be part-time, or be able to make a living at this if that is the time she chooses to invest.
6. We provide a community that supports one another and an opportunity to share our ideas while maintaining intellectual property for idea developers. We have Informed Beginnings materials, developed for Informed Beginnings, that belong to Informed Beginnings. We also provide a structure for educator-to-educator sharing, in which shared materials continue to belong to the educators who provide them.
7. We are a cooperative in structure, name, and attitude. The organization is for the good of the members. Extra profits return to the members. To that end, cooperative members' investment (financial, skills, creativity) in the cooperative keeps the organization thriving and benefiting us all. We provide value for the cost of being part of Informed Beginnings and work together to keep the organization thriving.
8. The supportive nature of the organization extends to the mentoring program. We nurture excellent educators and build community.